Latest Activity

Sarah Plumitallo replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #10 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
PJ Foehr replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #3 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Sharon De Lorenzo replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #16 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Crystal Cofield Davis replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #1 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Rebecca Coda replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #6 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Jennifer Jepsen replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #13 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Shannon Lougee replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #6 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Shannon Lougee replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #14 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Shannon Lougee replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #7 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Drew Patrick replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #14 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Susan Campo replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #13 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday
Rebecca Coda replied to Dana Mortenson's discussion Design Challenge Team #6 in the group Global Leadership Summit Group
Friday

Recommended Books

Looking for International Skype Partners for 5th Grade World Geography Class

Greetings,
I am interested in finding international schools to skype with about world cultures.  I teach a world cultural geography class for fifth grade students (ages 10-11) in Milwaukee, WI, and would love to learn more about similar aged students from Australia, India, China, Japan, Africa South of the Sahara, Mexico, Central and South America, and Europe.  Please let me know if you are interested either via message or adding me on Skype.  My id is wdpiper.

thanks for your consideration,
Will

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

Will, I teach in Racine, WI, and am running a multi-age program. I would love to talk to you about what you are doing, given that you are so close, and see about collaborating or whatever.

Let me know if you are interested,

Christine 

Hi Christine, if you're interested, please let me know. It'll be a pleasure to chat on a school day with my students and yours.

Let me know...

skype id: fefevar

Will:

This sounds great.  I'm into the same type of thing from my elementary school here in the suburbs of Chicago, where I am a music teacher.  We have Skyped with several schools in the U.S. and one or two in Europe and Asia.  However, the time difference is a big constraint--it's difficult to Skype with Germany which can be 6-7 hours ahead, or with Asia where it is the middle of the night during a school day in Milwaukee.

One of the best relationships we've had was with a school in Eastern Canada - 2 hours ahead of us (Atlantic Standard Time).  This school was in the Canadian province of New Brunswick.  It was a foreign country, but there was not a language barrier and the time frame worked out well.  It was a good start.  Of course, Mexico and South America are also on our time frame, so there is a gold mine of possibilities there too.

Good luck, Will, and feel free to contact me for more info.

Bill Vaananen

Music Teacher

Wescott School

Northbrook, IL

Hi Bill, the same as with Will. If you guys are interested, let me know...

Hi Will,

I teach Math to fifth graders in Mexico and I find this opportunity very motivating for them. We should get in touch and find some time to chat on skype at both schools. Probably having some kind of a virtual visit to both schools to start up. What do you think?

We are a boys catholic school located in Guadalajara, Mexico.

I'll add you to my skype.

See you e-round...

RSS

© 2019   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service