BECOME A MEMBER SUPPORTER

Help keep our free events going by becoming a supporter of Global Ed Events! Your donations will support the Global Education Conference, Global Education Day, Global Collaboration Week, and more! We appreciate you! Click HERE for more information.

Premier Partners

Huge thanks to our premier partners! For more information on supporting our events by becoming a premier partner organization, click HERE

PARTNERS

Latest Activity

AdithyanCap's 2 discussions were featured
17 hours ago
ANDREA BOZZI posted blog posts
yesterday
AdithyanCap posted discussions
Sunday
Mario Antonio Echeverría Mancía shared their blog post on Facebook
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Friday
Mario Antonio Echeverría Mancía posted a blog post

Videoconferencias en el Marco del XI aniversario de la fundación de la ReVE-NIIF.

Videoconferencias en el Marco del XI aniversario de la fundación de la ReVE-NIIF. …See More
Friday
ANDREA BOZZI posted a blog post
May 15
ANDREA BOZZI posted blog posts
May 13
ANDREA BOZZI posted a discussion

THE DESIGN PROBLEM OF EDUCATION AND MARKETS CONDITIONS AND REAL STATEMENTS

This discussion would like to promote a reflection on the design problem of education and…See More
May 11
Marialex Bakken. left a comment for Selena Whitehead
"Hi Selena ! It would be great to connect and share our concerns in this challenging times ! IOur…"
Apr 30
Selena Whitehead left a comment for Marialex Bakken.
"Dear Marialex, My name is Selena and I am new to GECN. I work for Amazing People Schools and I was…"
Apr 30
Selena Whitehead left a comment for Margy Hillman
"Dear Margy, my name is Selena and I'm new to GECN. I work for Amazing People Schools and am…"
Apr 30
Selena Whitehead left a comment for Jane Weller
"Dear Jane, My name is Selena and I'm new to GECN. I work for Amazing People Schools are was…"
Apr 30
Selena Whitehead left a comment for Elisabeth Forde
"Dear Elisabeth, I hope you're well and safe, I'm in the UK and we're still heavily…"
Apr 30
Selena Whitehead left a comment for Arlene Porath
"Dear Arlene,  Hello my name is Selena and I work for Amazing People Schools. We received a…"
Apr 30
Selena Whitehead left a comment for Jeanette Amador
"Dear Jeanette, my name is Selena and I'm new to GECN. I hope you're keeping well and…"
Apr 30

Building Essential 21st Century Skills Through Global Collaboration Projects

Your Name and Title: Effie Kyrikakis, International Program Co-ordinator

School or Organization Name: Winners Education Language Schools

Co-Presenter Name(s): Το be announced

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Athens, Greece

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Teachers, School Leaders, Librarians

Short Session Description: Building global collaboration projects that help our students develop essential 21st century skills

Full Session Description: Education has finally got the cue: Change is needed in the way we teach if we are to maintain student's fleeting interest and prepare them adequately for their lives in a rapidly changing world. For a number of reasons, critical success skills are quite different from those 10, even 5 years ago and will keep changing:

-Knowledge is abundant and can be attained with one –or maybe a few more- clicks. What we need to focus on as teachers is help our students learn to evaluate it, becoming critical thinkers.

-In a rapidly changing economy, it is evident that the successful candidate will have to be flexible and knowledgeable of international cultures, to embrace change and pluralism. They need to develop grit and love for learning because they will have to be perpetual learners.

-Our planet resources are currently being depleted at 2.5 times the rate they can be replenished. If the trend isn’t reversed fast, our students will have no planet to live on when they become adults.

How can we facilitate student learning and development to address such complicated issues and prepare students for a challenging future? The answer is simple, fun and extremely effective: Global Projects!

In this presentation we’ll explore examples on how Global Projects can be used to leverage change in our students’ attitudes while at the same time addressing the cognitive needs of a classroom.

We’ll also explore ideas on effective International Program organization by school leaders. 

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: http://www.slideshare.net/EffieKyrikakis/essential-21st-century-ski...

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Effie,

I am really interested in global collaborative projects and also think we can all benefit from them. Luckily, we do not have much time difference, so I am going to join your presentation.

Best wishes with your session!

Tatyana Chernaya, Moscow, Russia

Hi Tatyana!

I'm so happy you can make it!

Can't wait to share what we've learnt through our global journey

See you on Friday!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service