BECOME A MEMBER SUPPORTER

Help keep our free events going by becoming a supporter of Global Ed Events! Your donations will support the Global Education Conference, Global Education Day, Global Collaboration Week, and more! We appreciate you! Click HERE for more information.

Premier Partners

Huge thanks to our premier partners! For more information on supporting our events by becoming a premier partner organization, click HERE

PARTNERS

Your Name and Title: James Kioko

School or Organization Name: Neema Educational Centre - Nairobi, Kenya, Enabling Support Foundation

Co-Presenter Name(s): None

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Nairobi, Kenya

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Teachers and administrators. 

Short Session Description (one line): 

Education in the 21st Century.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

I teach at Neema School and in 2018 I was introduced to education 21st by Enabling Support Foundation.
Early Reading was the first step.  Part of the presentation will show you how Early Reading works and the professional development videos I created. SAMPLE HERE
The goal of Early Reading is children starting school already reading and writing.  The second part of this presentation is to demonstrate the classroom techniques we have used for advanced Early Reading. One of the advantages of Early Reading is that there is more time in the classroom for other things like culture and we have created the website of the Museum of Children's Art.  The third part of the presentation will be the Grand Opening of the Museum and the first opportunity to view the exhibits. Those who attend will learn about the advantages of Early Reading and the artistic ability of children. The audience will get access to the videos and the museum and be invited to join the Peace Flame network to learn more about Early Reading and to submit art to the Museum.

Education 21st is geared to promote Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) which stresses mainly on inclusive education for all and equitable quality education. (UN SDG 4 goal)

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:

www.enabling.org/edall

www.africanchildrensart.org

Views: 153

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James,

Thank you for your proposal. Please edit your proposal and include information about the purpose of your presentation and the goals you hope to achieve by sharing this information. What are the outcomes for people attending your session? 

See these proposals as examples of accepted proposals: 

https://www.globaleducationconference.org/forum/topics/my-hero-stor...

https://www.globaleducationconference.org/forum/topics/the-things-t...

https://www.globaleducationconference.org/forum/topics/citizen-scie...

Once you've made some changes to improve your proposal, let me know and I will review it again.

Thanks,

Lucy Gray

Conference Co-Chair

Hi James,

Thanks for your revisions. Here are a couple of more suggestions:

• Make sure every sentence has a period at the end.
  • If this the full session section is intended to be a paragraph, eliminate the spaces between sentences. It looks like a series of sentences as it currently stands.
  • Spell out any acronyms so it's clear what you are referring to.
  • Make a reference to SDG 4 as your work is in support of that UN goal.

Once you've made these changes, I'll be happy to approve your proposal.

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your suggestions. Changes have been made successfully. 

Feel free to review it again. 

Thanks.

James Kioko 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service