BECOME A MEMBER SUPPORTER

Help keep our free events going by becoming a supporter of Global Ed Events! Your donations will support the Global Education Conference, Global Education Day, Global Collaboration Week, and more! We appreciate you! Click HERE for more information.

Premier Partners

Huge thanks to our premier partners! For more information on supporting our events by becoming a premier partner organization, click HERE

PARTNERS

Latest Activity

Clare McMillan's discussion was featured

Global Education Resources - Free Writing Platform/ Space to Create Classroom Community

Dear Global Educators,I hope you are all managing as best as you can through this difficult time. …See More
17 hours ago

Silver Supporter
Connie Rensink's discussion was featured

iEARN-USA Presents Wednesdays with the World

iEARN-USA will be hosting a webinar series for the next several weeks called "Wednesdays with the…See More
17 hours ago
Heather Chirtea's discussion was featured

Help us get Technology in the Next Stimulus Bill!

We need your immediate help to get distance learning technology into the next COVID-19 government…See More
Friday
Heather Chirtea posted a discussion

Help us get Technology in the Next Stimulus Bill!

We need your immediate help to get distance learning technology into the next COVID-19 government…See More
Friday

Silver Supporter
Connie Rensink posted a discussion

iEARN-USA Presents Wednesdays with the World

iEARN-USA will be hosting a webinar series for the next several weeks called "Wednesdays with the…See More
Friday
Clare McMillan posted a discussion

Global Education Resources - Free Writing Platform/ Space to Create Classroom Community

Dear Global Educators,I hope you are all managing as best as you can through this difficult time. …See More
Wednesday
Marion Andersson's discussion was featured
Wednesday
Marion Andersson posted a discussion
Wednesday
Jill Woerner's discussion was featured

Free Educator Webinars: Content infused with intercultural learning

Educators can get lessons ideas that combine their content area with intercultural learning…See More
Mar 30
Jill Woerner posted a discussion

Free Educator Webinars: Content infused with intercultural learning

Educators can get lessons ideas that combine their content area with intercultural learning…See More
Mar 30
Howard Blumenthal's discussion was featured
Mar 29
Howard Blumenthal posted a discussion
Mar 29

CO-CHAIR
Lucy Gray's discussion was featured
Mar 29

CO-CHAIR
Lucy Gray posted a discussion
Mar 29

Silver Supporter
Connie Rensink's discussion was featured
Mar 27

Silver Supporter
Connie Rensink posted a discussion
Mar 27
BLANCA ESTELA GALICIA ROSALES posted a blog post
Mar 25
Nadia Kalman's discussion was featured

Free, full-text contemporary world literature online

Hi everyone, Just wanted to provide a link to the website I edit --…See More
Mar 24
Nadia Kalman posted a discussion

Free, full-text contemporary world literature online

Hi everyone, Just wanted to provide a link to the website I edit --…See More
Mar 24
Mitchell Weisburgh's discussion was featured

Webinars in Education topics

Edchat Interactive has free webinars for educators on different aspects of teaching with…See More
Mar 24

Your Name and Title:

Roberta (Robin) Sullivan, Emerging Technologies Librarian & Head of Media Services, 

School or Organization Name: 

University at Buffalo, University at Buffalo Libraries

Co-Presenter Name(s):

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: 

Buffalo, NY

Language in Which You Will Present: 

English

Target Audience(s):

Librarians from all library types, especially those in academia

Short Session Description (one line):

Learn about the SUNY “Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success” #EmTechMOOC, an international online learning opportunity to promote the development of 21st-century skills, including communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. 

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

The need to use technology tools does not diminish when considering international perspectives. In fact, needs are heightened and highlighted. An originating purpose of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) is to democratize learning and make high-quality learning opportunities available to anyone, no matter where in the world they are located. 

Learn about the SUNY “Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success” #EmTechMOOC. #EmTechMOOC is a valuable asset for any international collaborative partnership. Learners in this MOOC gain an understanding of the value and implications of using established and emerging technology tools for career and personal advancement in a framework of lifelong learning strategies and the 4Cs of 21st-century skills, including communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. 

This online learning opportunity is ideal for diverse participants, including international groups, and those from diverse backgrounds and abilities. The collaborative learning within the MOOC is designed to increase opportunities and build connections between learners while recognizing diversity and providing access for everyone from around the globe. 

This self-paced online course is targeted to the needs of higher education students, faculty, and anyone with an interest in learning how to use emerging technologies to succeed at home, school, or the office in today’s rapidly changing environment. Current participants are from a wide variety of experiences and from more than 150 countries worldwide.This resource can serve as online programming, available for adoption by libraries everywhere. Visit the project website to learn more: http://suny.edu/emtech 

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: http://suny.edu/emtech

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems our proposal was inadvertently posted into the wrong discussion forum and it should have been submitted to, "GEC 2019 Submissions & Waitlist."  If anyone has an interest to learn more about #EmTechMOOC, I am happy to connect with you.

More information and other recorded sessions are available on our project website: http://suny.edu/emtech

~ Robin

rrs@buffalo.edu

Yes, I'm just seeing this now. It was posted to Technology Tools. Since you made the deadline and your topic is relevant, I'll approve it if you feel comfortable booking your session and presenting at the last minute. Let me know.

Lucy Gray

Hi Lucy,

Thank you very much for the invitation to present. We are excited to share info about #EmTechMOOC. Please let me know what I need to do to book our session. I also sent a reply through email.

Robin

--

Roberta (Robin) Sullivan
Head of Media Services & Emerging Technologies Librarian
University Libraries, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
320B Capen Hall, Oscar A. Silverman Library
Buffalo, NY 14260
(716) 645-0773
http://buffalo.edu/~rrs

SUNY Exploring Emerging Technologies
for Lifelong Learning and Success (#EmTechMOOC)
http://suny.edu/emtech

Sending you the acceptance letter with instructions. You must book right away and please, please, please try to attend the training session at 9 AM ET today!

Lucy

RSS

© 2020   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service