As part of the second grade curriculum at Avenues: The World School, the students learn about food around the world.
We are looking for classrooms to help us author a global iBook about foods around the world using the Book Creator app. We want to know foods that are special/unique to where you live as well what types of foods are prepared/eaten at special celebrations, holidays and daily meals.
Please be sure to include the following information on your completed pages:
1. Please tell us where you are located (city, state, country)
2. Please tell us about a food that is special/unique to the area in which you are located in.
3. Please tell us what types of foods are prepared/eaten on a Birthday.
4. Please choose a favorite meal of the day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and share some of the types of foods that are eaten at that meal.
5. Please tell us about a traditional meal/food that is prepared/eaten on a holiday or special celebration.
We want to demonstrate how classrooms around the world can come together to publish something unique and creative, while learning from each other at the same time! Once the book is compiled, we will be publishing it to the iBook store so that students everywhere can learn about foods around the world!
If you are interested in authoring this global iBook, please fill in the form using the link below to submit pages that you and/or your students made with the Book Creator app.
To have your pages published in our iBook store version, please send us your pages by March 25, 2014.
We are asking that each participating class create a title page (which will include your school name and location) as well as one or two "content" pages. Please do not submit more than 3 pages.
If you have any questions, please email us at GlobalBook@avenues.org
Click here for the sign-up form and example pages.