BECOME A MEMBER SUPPORTER

Help keep our free events going by becoming a supporter of Global Ed Events! Your donations will support the Global Education Conference, Global Education Day, Global Collaboration Week, and more! We appreciate you! Click HERE for more information.

Premier Partners

Huge thanks to our premier partners! For more information on supporting our events by becoming a premier partner organization, click HERE

PARTNERS

Your Name and Title:

Kevin Fullbrook, Deputy Director

School or Organization Name:

Al-Bayan Bilingual School

Co-Presenter Name(s):

nil

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:

Kuwait

Language in Which You Will Present:

English

Target Audience(s):

Teachers, Heads of Department, School Administrators

Short Session Description (one line):

Making Mistakes Faster: A Design Thinking Approach

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

With the proliferation of student-centered learning, MakerSpaces and design-thinking approaches, coupled with the need to have a broad, global perspective, it is time we examined how taking a design-thinking mindset can be applied to how we as educators approach challenges within our organizations.  

How do we solve problems taking all viewpoints, perspectives and cultural considerations into account?  

How do we best plan for the future in an increasingly globalized and interconnected world?  

How do we engage key stakeholders, both locally and globally, in ‘uncomfortable’ conversations?  

Can we do this in a way that fosters greater connection and global competency?

In this session we will examine the above questions and more by exploring the following:

• How do we approach complicated vs complex problems (and what is the difference)?
  • How the steps of design thinking can be applied in a culturally diverse organizational setting.
  • How can our decision-making processes and actions better include others, both locally and globally?
  • The important role that empathy plays in the design thinking process. 
  • Tools and resources that support and encourage this approach.
  • Examples and case studies.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you expecting differences in thinking styles?

I hope so!  That is what makes this approach so interesting.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your proposal. Is there any way that you can edit this and tie it to our mission? There needs to be an international aspect to your presentation.

Thanks,

Lucy Gray

Conference Co-Chair

I asked whether Kevin expected individual differences in thinking style and he hoped so.  I expect so.  Exploring different learning styles among countries adds an international flavor to the proposal and can be a real contribution to education.

True, but  that needs to be articulated in the proposal, not just implied! 

I agree Lucy, and thank you for your comments earlier as well.

I have now updated my original proposal to hopefully better align with the mission of the global education conference.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service