Searching for organisations which assist teachers in finding partner schools/classrooms/collaborative projects

As part of a research project, I am trying to compile a list of organisations which provide assistance and resources to teachers in finding a partner school/classroom or setting up a colloborative project on a global level. If you have any recommendations or ideas, or can share your experiences with me, I would love to hear from you. Thank you!

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Janet,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thank you so much for sharing this very interesting source. I wasn't aware of this organization but I will pass this info on to colleagues....they'll love it!

All the best-
Janice
There is also an excellent resource in:

globalgateway.org

Nancy
Thank you Nancy!
Global SchoolNet’s Projects Registry (PR) is the oldest (1995) and largest online clearinghouse for teacher-conducted global learning projects. The PR contains more than 3,000 annotated listings – and is searchable by date, age level, geographic location, collaboration type, technology tools or keyword. The PR is a central place for educators to find global partners and announce projects.

Global SchoolNet's main purpose is to help teachers find collaborative learning partners and appropriate projects. Project-based learning opportunities are diverse, challenging and innovative -- ranging from understanding terrorism, the mathematics of music, exploring innovative waste management solutions, to creative story telling, online safety and studying global warming. There are learning projects for every age and to support every subject area. To get started using our content, tools and resources, we guide you through important features on our website.

Learn more at:

http://www.globalschoolnet.org/gsnpr/
Thank you for the excellent resource!!

Janice
HILITES is a newslist that distributes high-quality, online collaborative learning projects. Educators can POST announcements to our Projects Registry database at
http://www.globalschoolhouse.org/pr/. Project announcement are available there to our website visitors looking for projects, and it will also be posted to our Hilites mailing list where it will be seen by more thousands of teachers around the world. Our professional staff moderates and approves all projects submitted to HILITES. To browse current project archives visit
http://www.gsh.org/gsh/lists/hilites_read.html
The really great thing about Global School Net is that they have been around for MANY years and have a great record of providing quality projects -- if you can't find something there, it hasn't been thought of yet! All age levels too, with varying levels of involvement, so everyone can go in at their own comfort level.

Janet Barnstable
Global Virtual Classroom
Program Director
♥♡♥ Thank you!... and many smiles! ♥♡♥
Please take a look at the BLOG page I run programs tailored for schools looking at global issues!!Please contact me for more information!!
Let me know a good time to connect with you !
My website is the best place to look.....however I am free to chat most of the time!! www.traveltwi.com

RSS

© 2021   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service