We're in Boston today for the third annual Global Leadership Summit
, hosted by ASCD and GlobalEd Events. We invite you to join us for portions of our day through a livestream broadcast on Facedbook at https://www.facebook.com/globaledcon/
(click on "videos" to the left or refresh if you're not seeing the live video).
We will be streaming those parts of the program that are in bold
in the agenda below. To see the speaker details, you can go HERE
Agenda (US - Eastern Daylight Time)
8:00 – Coffee and sign-in 8:30 – Welcome 8:45 – Opening Keynote: Entryways to Global Education: Local Solutions for Going Global 9:30 – Panel 1: Global Education Advocacy and Implementation Success Stories: Learning from Trailblazing Leaders
10:30 – Break 10:45 – Panel 2: Debating Global Education Barriers and Solutions: Expert Insights from Leaders in the Field 11:45 – Panel Debrief
12:00 – Lunch (provided) 12:30 – Ignite Talks
1:00 – Roundtable Workshops 1
1:45 – Roundtable Workshops 2 2:30 – Closing Discussion: Taking Ideas to Action
3:30 – End of Event
About the Summit
Looking for innovative and effective ways to lead classroom, school, or district initiatives that prepare all students to thrive in college, careers, and as citizens in our diverse, globally-connected world? The day-long Global Leadership Summit
, co-hosted by ASCD and the Global Education Conference Network, will convene classroom teachers, school and district administrators, and thought leaders to provide participants the unique opportunity to:
- Develop the capacity to lead classrooms and educational systems that teach students empathy, valuing diverse perspectives, cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving around real-world issues.
- Network with innovative and inspiring teachers, principals, district leaders, thought leaders, and NGOs committed to educating students for a diverse, global society.
- Receive resources and generate new ideas that can help you make immediate changes in your educational context.
- Share best programs and practices in advocating for and implementing global learning initiatives with educators around the country and the world.
- Find out how you can get involved with and utilize ASCD’s global engagement resources.
This professional learning event includes thought-provoking practitioner and expert panelists, inspiring ignite talks, and hands-on roundtable discussions that will provide practical tools, strategies, and ideas that you can immediately implement in your school, district, or organization. Lunch is included.
Many Thanks to Our Global Ed Events Sponsors
All learners deserve access to quality education that prepares them to succeed in an increasingly global society.
Participate strives to be a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens that empowers learners to engage with the world around them. As a proud B Corporation, we promise to support educators as they actively participate in learning communities, ignite change and create impact on a global scale.
inspires meaningful connections to the Arab world by creating a global community of diverse learners and educators and connecting them through effective and collaborative learning environments —inside and outside the classroom. Through our activities, QFI is committed to providing K-12 students in Qatar, the Americas, and the United Kingdom (UK) with the intellectual, communicative, and cultural competencies that will enable them to be engaged global citizens.