- Review the 2015 Presenters' Checklist.
- Training information for you is here. You are responsible for learning to use the Blackboard Collaborate platform. Even if you are familiar with Blackboard Collaborate already, please attend a training or at the very least read the more detailed conference-specific training material here.
- Practice Room: Join the Practice Room anytime to try uploading your slides, test your audio, and explore Blackboard Collaborate features. Click here to enter.
- Timing of your presentation session(s) is listed on the schedule page for your time zone. Please double check to make sure you know when you are going to present.
- IMPORTANT: The private page that lists the presenter/moderator links for each individual session is http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/presenter-and-moderator-links. This is where you will find the link to enter your session room with the correct privileges. This page is posted two or three days before the conference starts. It is just for presenters and moderators and has all session permissions, so please do not share it except with co-presenters. If you are sending someone the link to watch your session, send them to the Sessions and Schedule page for them to go through the calendar in their time zone.
- Enter your presentation room at least 30 minutes before your session begins to check your microphone and sound, to upload any presentation slides, and to welcome attendees.
- If you need some help before your session, the volunteer lounge will be open during the conference and we will be glad to help you. The link to the room is http://thevolunteerlounge.me. If you come into the volunteer lounge, please use the chat for asking questions and not your microphone, as volunteers in the lounge will also be in other sessions and the sound will be distracting to them.
- We will work hard to try and have a volunteer moderator for each session, and at the very least one of the volunteer supervisors will come in and check you you before your session. If for some reason you do not have a volunteer moderator in your session and you experience any difficulty, you can come into the volunteer lounge room and ask for help.
- We would really appreciate it if you could help to moderate some sessions when you are not presenting! It makes a huge difference to a presenter to have someone else there. You can sign up for volunteer time slots during the conference here, or just show up in the lounge and let us know you are available. We could really use as much help as you can give--so don't be shy about helping for multiple sessions!
- Consider the audience that attends your session as a "studio audience." Because we have multiple sessions in each hour time slot, many who will want to attend your session will have to watch the recording--so remember that your "studio" attendance only represents a portion of those who will watch and benefit from your presentation. Don't ever be discouraged by low attendance!
- Please continue to let people know about this free conference! You can find promotional materials here. Tweet about the conference and your participation using the hashtag #globaled15, and retweet our tweets!
NOTE FROM TES, ONE OF OUR SPONSORS:
We're so excited to be sponsoring the Teachers strand! You've developed interesting and valuable content for your sessions, and we'd like to extend our support by offering you the opportunity to make that content available via tes.com. Upload your session content as a resource to tes.com and share it with even more teachers from around the world! For step-by-step instructions on how to upload materials, watch this video. If you'd like specific advice on how to convert your session materials into a resource for tes.com, please contact our team of expert content analysts (all former classroom teachers) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind, your GEC session isn’t the only resource you can upload. If you have great teaching materials, feel free to add those as well. For more tips on uploading and marketing your materials, check out our authors’ hub and author boot camp.