BECOME A MEMBER SUPPORTER

Help keep our free events going by becoming a supporter of Global Ed Events! Your donations will support the Global Education Conference, Global Education Day, Global Collaboration Week, and more! We appreciate you! Click HERE for more information.

Premier Partners

Huge thanks to our premier partners! For more information on supporting our events by becoming a premier partner organization, click HERE

PARTNERS

Hello my name is Shannon Leasure. I teach Mathematics to 7th/8th grade students in the very rural Appalachian area of the United Stated.

As part of a course requirement, I am supposed to seek out an “international connections” and correspond in regards to a question, of our choice, which is relevant to our interests as well as course content.

The question is this:

“How do we prepare students for a global economy in the curriculum we select?”

I chose this topic to discuss because personally, I am very interested in mathematics curriculum and instruction; and I am constantly searching for how I can create the most meaningful, relevant educational experience for my learners. In terms of mathematics, I see an increasing necessity to focus upon money management, economics (which are truly not fundamental focuses of the current U.S. Common Core), unit conversions, and inquiry/proof based problem solving.  Outside individual curriculum, I believe we must all seek to increase the incorporation of technology and collaboration whenever possible!

I would love to hear all of your ideas in this regard:

How do we prepare students for a global economy in the curriculum we select?

What/where do you teach?

Thank you so much for your time and I eagerly await your response,

Shannon Leasure

Views: 136

Replies to This Discussion

How about doing an international connection...I have a number of international schools that would love to connect and share a project with you.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service