BECOME A MEMBER SUPPORTER

Help keep our free events going by becoming a supporter of Global Ed Events! Your donations will support the Global Education Conference, Global Education Day, Global Collaboration Week, and more! We appreciate you! Click HERE for more information.

Premier Partners

Huge thanks to our premier partners! For more information on supporting our events by becoming a premier partner organization, click HERE

PARTNERS

Is anyone using Google Hangouts instead of Skype? Any world language teachers know of Hangout resources for teaching foreign language? 

Lucy

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lucy, I have experimented with google hangouts both at school and quite often at home.  Ghangouts require reasonable bandwidth, internet access and a cabled computer which usually works well while I am at school but not when I am home. Even if I pull back the connection speed at home, I just drop out all the time. 

It is free, allows up to 10 video linkups and is increasingly popular with many. You can record the ghangout in youtube either publicly or privately but then permission for sharing student images may become an issue. Skype has just announced free multiple video access for teachers, so I have this option as well. Skype tends to be more stable for me than ghangouts. However, multiple videos become an issue with bandwidth.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Lucy Gray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service