Welcome to the Global Education Conference Network!
The Global Education Conference Network is a collaborative, inclusive, world-wide community initiative involving students, educators, and organizations at all levels. Our activities are designed to significantly increase opportunities for connecting classrooms while supporting cultural awareness and recognition of diversity and educational access for all. The event is free and takes place entirely online.
Please join this community to receive updates about our events! We also have a site, GlobalEd Events, that provides information regarding our additional events.
- Review this tutorial.
- If you are looking for general conference information, click here or look in the navigation on the left-hand side of this website. We are hoping to bring back our conference in 2021.
- If you are looking to connect with members, search our member directory by country, job role, grade level, etc. We have 28,000 members in this space from around 190+ countries. You can contact members through our messaging system or by leaving a comment on member profiles.
- If you are looking to find project partners, publicize a project, share a resource or ask questions, please post to our discussion forum. We will then feature your post, if appropriate, and send it out via our social media channels.
- If you would like to share a global education event, post it to our events and also to our discussion forum.
- If you would like to access our conference recordings, visit this page. Keynote presentations are also available in YouTube.
- If you are seeking educational resources, visit our Global Education Resources page
and subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Make sure your profile is complete. We recommend that you use your name and list your organization or school in the Organization field. Click My Page in the navigation bar at the top of this page to see your profile.
- Take a look at our mission statement so that you understand the purpose of this community.
- There is a great deal of content beyond the front page of our community. Check out all the discussions, blogs, groups, and events posted from members around the world.
- We love social media! Find out about other ways you can connect with GEC members by clicking on More in the navigation bar. Follow the hashtag #globaled21 for the latest news.
- Join this Classroom Connections group if you are looking for school partners for mystery location calls.
- If you're looking to get people involved in your work or project, post a discussion forum post with as much detail as possible about your project.
- The most effective classroom projects include a start and end date, educational objectives, expectations for participating schools, and mechanisms for communicating consistently with participants.
- Be aware that schools in different hemispheres may start and end their school years on different dates.