Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2012 iEARN International Conference and Youth Summit. This year’s conference will be held VIRTUALLY to enable as many teachers and students to participate as possible and will be in conjunction with the Global Education Collaborative. This will enable you to share your iEARN experiences with an even wider educational audience worldwide! We are excited by this historic and innovative way in which we will be able to include many more iEARN participants than at the traditional physical conference. We may have over 10,000 teachers and students participating this year! We encourage all to participate!
The virtual conference will run 24/7 from November 12-16, 2012. iEARN participants will also have access to the sessions provided by educators and students who are part of the Global Education Collaborative, but not (yet) part of iEARN.
Presentation proposals may be submitted between May 15-October 29, 2012. The deadline for proposals is October 29th, however the iEARN Conference Program Committee will begin accepting proposals beginning June 30th (early acceptance will give you more flexibility in scheduling your session). Please print out or refer to the instructions below when submitting your session proposal.
Sessions, which can be in any language, should be at least 20 minutes or more in length, and all sessions must be completed (including Questions & Answers) within one hour. You may submit more than one session proposal, but priority will be given to providing as many presenters the chance to present as possible before accepting additional sessions from a particular presenter.
All sessions will be held using Blackboard Collaborate. Presenters will be responsible for being familiar enough with the program to present. There is very good recorded training we will send you. We will also provide a number of live training sessions where you can ask questions. To practice you can also sign up for the Collaborate trial room--information is at http://www.WeCollaborate.com. Please note that all sessions will be recorded and released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License (for more information, see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/). By submitting a proposal to present you are agreeing to these terms.
After you submit your presentation proposal, it will be listed on this website, with the opportunity for members of this network to view, comment on, and/or "like" your presentation proposal. This will give you and the other members of this site the chance to share ideas and to make connections before, during and after the conference. It is our intention that all serious proposals be given the opportunity to be presented.
Session proposals are to be non-commercial.
Session proposals will be reviewed by the 2012 iEARN Conference Program Committee.
Please follow these instructions carefully. It is your responsibility to make sure your proposal is submitted correctly.
1. You must first register on this site and log in to submit your proposal. Register here: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/main/authorization/signUp?
2. VERY IMPORTANT: Join the conference presenters group to receive general emails for those who have submitted proposals. Join HERE.
3. Copy the following text items (highlight and ctrl-c on your computer):
Your Name and Title:
School, Library, or Organization Name:
Country from Which You Will Present:
Language in Which You Will Present:
Target Audience (such as primary school teachers, high school administrators, students, etc.)
Short Session Description (one line):
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session (if any):
3. Click here to open a new forum discussion post.
4. Title your discussion post with the title of your proposed session.
5. Copy the template text (ctrl-v) into the body of the forum discussion post.
6. Fill in the session information according to the template. If you separate your answers with a blank line and bold the questions, it will make your proposal easier to read.
7. In the "Category" drop-down field, choose "2012 iEARN Conference Submissions" or “2012 iEARN Youth Summit Submissions”
8. IMPORTANT - In the tags field, you MUST use the strand tag code for the strand(s) to which you are submitting your proposal. You may use any or several of the following strand tag codes. You must type these tags exactly as spelled below. If you do not input correctly, your session will be invisible in searches.
9. Click the "Add Discussion" button.
You are able to modify your proposal after it has been saved and up until the time of the close of submissions, which is October 29. Proposal acceptances will be communicated starting June 30th, and by Nov. 2 for those who submit at the very end. If your proposal is accepted, you will be provided with the ability to schedule a presentation time that is convenient to your time zone and work schedule. The final conference program will be available online starting in mid-October.
Looking forward to your session proposal! If you have any questions, you can post them HERE.
2012 iEARN Conference and Youth Summit Program Committee