You know there is something great and exciting going on when
- the twitterverse starts pumping out tweets in a continuous wave, using the #tag #globaled12 If you do not already follow hashtags, try going to tweetchat and entering globaled12 in the search window and watch the tweets fall.
- 1000 people apply for membership to the Global Education ning over two weeks
- here is much animated chat going on in the Global Education Conference social networking site,
- people say hi in their language in the chat
- you can see conversations going on in a number of languages in the chat window
- a multitude of people email to seek advice and answers to questions re a conference,
- presenters are collaborating and working together and when the world is involved there are amazing conversations.
- opportunities for training take place on an increasing scale
With over 330 sessions, a five days of conference and a potential audience drawn from across the world, the Global Education Conference is potentially the World's Biggest Conference for Educators and people interested in promoting global education. This amazing feat for a conference is online, virtual and best of all free. It does not sleep for 5 days with presentations around the clock! Presenters at this conference include educators, students and various community bodies interested in global education.
The hard work of Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon together with a global committee have been instrumental in its organisation. Do not miss this exciting opportunity to :-
- learn about the world from the world rather than a textbook
- learn with the world
- enjoy the comfort of your home or office space or classroom to be part of some amazing keynotes, spotlighted sessions and many presentations from people who are connecting globally and pushing education beyond our classroom walls.
Check out the schedules and sessions, scroll down find your time zone, click on the link to your timezone and you will be sent to the schedule for where you live. Choose the session(s) you want to attend, look for the link to the room, click on that prior to the session and you will enter the room where that presentation takes place.
Following are links to either lists of some of my favourite projects and connections and some suggestions for those people who are new to global education of presentations that might be of interest to them.
- Hello Little World Skypers presentations
- Flat Classoom Project presenters
- Sessions that might interest those who are new to global education.
Are you presenting? What sessions would you suggest? What do you think of an amazing conference like this? What excites you about this conference? Have you attended any of the past global education conferences?
Hope to see you there!