MA Program Globalization & Cultural Diplomacy
The Degree is offered by the University of Bucharest in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Fall Semester - Berlin, October 2nd, 2013)
By studying cultural diplomacy in tandem with globalization, students will gain a deep comprehension of this innovative, emerging academic field, which is gradually taking on a greater level of importance and relevance in the contemporary global arena.
The Key Objectives of the program are:
- To offer a comprehensive outline of the history and development of Cultural Diplomacy, and to demonstrate how it is utilized in the foreign policy frameworks of nation states, the private sector and civil society.
- To provide the foundation for an in-depth understanding of the theory and realities of the process of globalization and its impact on the contemporary interdependent world, with a particular emphasis on the relationship between Cultural Diplomacy and globalization.
- To facilitate a sound appreciation of the political, economic and cultural pillars upon which sustainable international relations are based, and to explore how these factors can influence the practice of Cultural Diplomacy.
- To analyze soft power and hard power strategies within international relations discourse.
- To examine contemporary obstacles to peaceful international relations using historical and modern case studies, while considering how Cultural Diplomacy can be used to mitigate tension and conflict in the international community.
The main benefits of this MA program are:
- A core curriculum of International Relations and Globalization courses, necessary for the successful preparation for a wide range of potential career opportunities around the world.
- Access to an expert faculty with vast experience in international politics, diplomacy and economics, allowing students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global environment.
- The opportunity to obtain expertise in Cultural Diplomacy, a rapidly emerging and increasingly important field within the public sector, private sector and civil society.
- An exclusive and specific program that will provide significant advantages to students in the political arena compared to students who obtain a broader MA in International Relations.
- During the “Professional Development” semester of the MA, students will be able to create and implement their own programs of Cultural Diplomacy and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides the relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
- Access to all ICD events and programs around the world, providing students with access to prominent experts in the field including various Heads of State, Ministers, and CEOs.
- The high quality of the curriculum and faculty provided by the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies will provide appropriate preparation for students’ evolving careers in academia as well as in the international, public and private sectors.
- All MA students are invited to support and participate in ICD conferences and events throughout the course of their studies. This provides experience and contacts that will prove quite valuable in the professional development of the students.